REVOLUTION HARDSTYLE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The kiwi way to good health

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rockstar1234
Newbie Shuffler
Newbie Shuffler

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-08-28

The kiwi way to good health Empty
PostSubject: The kiwi way to good health   The kiwi way to good health I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:50 pm

You either love its tangy flavour or loathe it, but there is more to the juicy, bright green kiwi fruit, also popular as kiwi, outside of being a fancy topping for tarts and fruit cakes.

Here's good news for kiwi lovers; apart from looking great atop pastries and cakes, the fruit is an abundant source of healthy minerals and vitamins.

Chef DC Bhatt of the Cabannas, Tivoli Grand Hotel, sheds more light on the benefits of this citrus fruit and why he loves to experiment with it in his desserts and salads. He shares, "Kiwi fruits contain a remarkable amount of Vitamin A, C and E. Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant that protects our body from free radicals, cardiovascular diseases, cancer and obesity among others.

Vitamin E has similar effects, but is fat-soluble and thus is complimentary to Vitamin C in its function. Kiwi fruits contain both these vitamins in high amounts, which help protect our body against free radicals from all fronts."

The dietary fibre in kiwi helps cure maladies such as diabetes, by controlling sugar levels, and colon cancer, by binding the fibre to toxic compounds in the colon.

"I love to use kiwis on my cheese cakes and my clients appreciate it too. Though, I have to admit it is a bit of an acquired taste. The high fibre content in kiwis help reduce cholesterol levels, and compensates for the high calories in the cheese cake," he states its advantages.

Doctors recommend patients with a heart condition to take kiwis daily, as it lowers the chances of a second heart attack.

We list some benefits of eating kiwis ...

- Prevents asthma.
- Prevents wheezing and coughing, especially in children.
- Protects our DNA from mutations.
- Provides a healthy amount of antioxidants and vitamins to the body.
- Prevents colon cancer owing to its high fibre content.

The kiwi way to good health
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
REVOLUTION HARDSTYLE :: Shuffler chit chat room-
Jump to: