REVOLUTION HARDSTYLE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Local Group

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
taixyz1992
Pro Shuffler
Pro Shuffler

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Local Group Empty
PostSubject: Local Group   Local Group I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 pm

The Local Group is the group of galaxies that includes Earth's galaxy, the Milky Way. The group comprises more than 30 galaxies (including dwarf galaxies), with its gravitational center located somewhere between the Milky Way and the Andromeda Galaxy. The galaxies of the Local Group cover a 10 million light-year diameter (see 1 E+22 m for distance comparisons) and have a binary (dumbbell)[1] shape. The group is estimated to have a total mass of (1.29 ± 0.14) × 1012M☉.[1] The group itself is part of the Virgo Supercluster (i.e. the Local Supercluster).[2]

The two most massive members of the group are the Milky Way and the Andromeda Galaxy. These two Spiral Galaxies each have a system of satellite galaxies.

* The Milky Way's satellite system consists of Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy, Large Magellanic Cloud, Small Magellanic Cloud, Canis Major Dwarf, Ursa Minor Dwarf, Draco Dwarf, Carina Dwarf, Sextans Dwarf, Sculptor Dwarf, Fornax Dwarf, Leo I, Leo II, and Ursa Major Dwarf.
* Andromeda's satellite system comprises M32, M110, NGC 147, NGC 185, And I, And II, And III, And IV, And V, Pegasus dSph (aka And VI), Cassiopeia Dwarf (aka And VII), And VIII, And IX, and And X.
* The Triangulum Galaxy, the third largest and only other ordinary spiral galaxy in the Local Group, may or may not be a companion to the Andromeda galaxy but probably has Pisces Dwarf as a satellite.
* The membership of NGC 3109, and its companions Sextans A and the Antlia Dwarf, is uncertain due to their extreme distance from the center of the Local Group.

The other members of the group are gravitationally secluded from these large subgroups: IC10, IC1613, Phoenix Dwarf, Leo A, Tucana Dwarf, Cetus Dwarf, Pegasus Dwarf Irregular, Wolf-Lundmark-Melotte, Aquarius Dwarf, and Sagittarius Dwarf Irregular.

sterling silver chains
Film downloads
Back to top Go down
gaunpro
Pro Shuffler
Pro Shuffler

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2010-11-25

Local Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local Group   Local Group I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 am

USB Executive Pen/Flash Drive Combo
A distinct selection of ballpoint pens combined with a USB Memory stick. Our selection of Executive USB Flash pen Drives are noticeable premium promotional USB Drive items that makes a retainable impression, the USB Pen is a jaw-droppping logo imprinted USB Memory to communicate your message. Engrave our USB Executive Pen for that flawless finish and promote your business beyond the point of initiation. Click Here

jared jewelers
wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses
Back to top Go down

Local Group
Page 1 of 1