REVOLUTION HARDSTYLE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

History and legend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
taixyz1992
Pro Shuffler
Pro Shuffler

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2010-10-25

History and legend Empty
PostSubject: History and legend   History and legend I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:36 am

Contemporary accounts ascribed the results to a number of causes. Douglas friend and former Interior Secretary Harold L. Ickes blamed Roosevelt's weak candidacy and what he believed was Nixon's use of the red scare. Supervisor John Anson Ford of Los Angeles County chalked up the result to Nixon's skill as a speaker and a lack of objective reporting by the press. Douglas's campaign treasurer, Alvin Meyers, stated that while labor financed Douglas's campaign, it failed to vote for her, and blamed the Truman Administration for "dumping" her.[122] Douglas's former San Diego campaign manager claimed that 500,000 people in San Diego and Los Angeles had received anonymous phone calls alleging Douglas was a communist, though he could not name anyone who had received such a call.[129] Time magazine wrote that Nixon triumphed "by making the Administration's failures in Asia his major issue".[130]

cheap jordans
telecharger chilipoker
Back to top Go down
nirvana
Pro Shuffler
Pro Shuffler

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2010-10-04

History and legend Empty
PostSubject: George W Bush had 'sickening feeling' over WMD lack   History and legend I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 4:47 pm

George W Bush and his father, former US President George Bush at a baseball match on 31 October 2010 In his autobiography, Mr Bush focuses on 14 major decisions of his life and presidency
Continue reading the main story
Related stories

* George W Bush opens Facebook page
* Bush and Clinton visit Haiti
* What next for George W Bush?

Former US President George W Bush still has "a sickening feeling" about the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, US media report.

The revelation comes in his memoir, "Decision Points", set to be published next week.

He also reveals that he temporarily considered replacing Vice President Dick Cheney, calling him the "Darth Vader of the administration".

But he has no comment on his successor in the White House, Barack Obama.

The 64-year-old former president defends his decision to invade Iraq in his autobiography, which was obtained in advance by the New York Times.

He argues that Iraqi citizens are better off without the former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, whom he calls a "homicidal dictator", adding the US is also better off without a Mr Hussein pursuing biological or chemical weapons.

But Mr Bush admits that he was shocked when no weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq.

"No one was more shocked and angry than I was when we didn't find the weapons," he writes.

"I had a sickening feeling every time I thought about it. I still do."
Replacing Dick Cheney
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

Whatever the verdict on my presidency, I'm comfortable with the fact that I won't be around to hear it”

End Quote George Bush Former US President

In his memoir, the former president also says he spent weeks investigating the possibility of replacing Mr Cheney with Tennessee Senator Bill Frist for his 2004 re-election campaign.

The idea was prompted in 2003 during a private lunch between Mr Bush and Mr Cheney, who offered to drop out of the race.

"I did consider the offer," Mr Bush writes in the memoir, according to the New York Times.

"He was seen as dark and heartless - the Darth Vader of the administration."

Mr Bush adds he was intrigued by the offer because he wanted to put an end to any notions that Mr Cheney was the real decision-maker in the White House. But the former president ultimately stuck with Mr Cheney because he had chosen him "to do the job" and "that was exactly what he had done".

Mr Bush also focuses on anecdotes and details of 14 major events of his life and presidency in his book, including the decision to stop drinking and his decisions following the attacks of 11 September 2001.

He admits he made mistakes when responding to Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and describes how he felt "like the captain of a sinking ship" when the economic crisis escalated towards the end of his presidency in 2008.

But he adds: "The financial crisis should not become an excuse to raise taxes."

The memoir could help Mr Bush, who left office with some of the lowest approval ratings of any US president, shed a more favourable light on his time in office.

"Whatever the verdict on my presidency, I'm comfortable with the fact that I won't be around to hear it," Mr Bush writes.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
text alerts
spanish studies abroad
Back to top Go down
gaunpro
Pro Shuffler
Pro Shuffler

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2010-11-25

History and legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: History and legend   History and legend I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:43 am

To view this Newsletter online click here

Hi Everyone

Welcome to your Soap It Up Newsletter. The home of all your Australian luxury handmade quality soaps.

Pre-Christmas delivery is still available but don't delay any longer. Order today and receive your delivery before Christmas. The Soap It Up team wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

For a little daily dose of Soap It Up on Facebook 'like' us at www.Facebook.com/SoapItUp

landscapingideas
home party plan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

History and legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: History and legend   History and legend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

History and legend
Page 1 of 1